By using our website you are accepting the terms below. If you do not want to agree to these terms you should not use our website. If you breach any term of the terms, you will no longer be permitted to use our website.
We may amend these terms from time to time by amending this page without notice. The amended terms will be effective from the date they are made available.
Smarter Financial Services LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are entered on the FCA register with registration number 602533. The FCA can be contacted at 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14.
We provide facilities for comparing and investing in funds from a wide range of providers and for keeping track of your investments.
All our services are provided on an execution only basis. We do not provide advice and therefore do not have a duty to ensure suitability of the service, product or action you select. This means you will not be entitled to compensation from us if it is established that the service or product or action you select is not suitable for you.
It is your responsibility to take into account your circumstances and objectives and make your own judgement as to suitability. If you have any doubts we recommend you take professional financial advice.
How we are paid
We work for you. Our only income comes from the charges you pay on investments you make. We not not accept any commission or other payments from anyone else.
Conflicts of interest
Our impartiality is a fundamental part of our offering to you. We aim to identify and eliminate conflicts of interest wherever possible.
Website availability and delays in services
We do not guarantee 100% uptime for our website. We are not liable for lack of availability or delays in our service caused by factors outside our reasonable control.
You may only use our website for personal, non-commercial purposes.
You may not use our website for any other purpose, including:
- using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other 'screen scraping' software, process, program or system.
- in a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our systems as determined by us.
- to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this website.
You may link to our website in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage us or take advantage of us. Any such links may not imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to our website at any time.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights including business methods, processes, know how, methodology and systems relating to this website belong to us or to others.
The copyright of all content on our website belongs to us or others.
- content may not be used for any commercial purposes without our prior written consent.
- content may not be excerpted, utilised, used, reproduced, published, reformatted and/or displayed on any other website without our prior written consent.
- content may not be sold or transferred to any third party.
Exclusions of liability
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the content of our website is accurate. We will also endeavour to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. However, we are not responsible for any inaccuracies in content.
We are not liable for any loss, distress or inconvenience caused by falls in the value of any investments. The value of investments can go down as well as up and you could get back less than you invest. The past is not a guide to future performance.
We will provide you with financial projections for the purpose of comparing investments and informing your financial plans. These projections shall:
- Illustrate a likely range of outcomes based on the balance of probability.
- Be prepared using well recognised actuarial techniques.
- Be based on reasonable assumptions supported by objective data.
- Incorporate the full impact of all charges.
The projections we provide are based on the balance of probability and the actual returns on your investments will usually be different. The “bad case” projection is not a “worse case” and there is a 1 in 6 chance that the actual returns on your investments will be worse than the “bad case” projection.
We are not liable for any loss, distress or inconvenience caused when the actual returns on your investments are different to our projections.